In a recent article,"Looking Under a Rock: FBI and CIA Hit New Low in Recruitment Drive, counter terrorism expert Steven Emerson describes the magazine 'Washington Report For Middle East Affairs', as a publication "that can only be described as objectively pro-terrorism."
"...a publication linked to former Congressman Paul Findley, who once described himself as Yaser Arafat's best friend in Congress, features recruiting advertisements seeking new agents for both the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Central Intelligence Agency."
The front page of the WRMEA website, at the time of Emerson's article, featured a collection of articles Emerson described as a "homage" to convicted Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorist Sami-Al-Arian. Read Emerson's article cited above for other details.
Joesph Farrah of WorldnetDaily has more on Paul Findley here.
"Findley has never gotten over the fact that he was turned out of office because of his own somewhat fanatical support of Yasser Arafat in 1982, even while serving as a senior member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee."- Farrah
In addition, Farrah does a good job in answering the following question:
Why do American Christians support Israel so loyally and enthusiastically?
- "The strong evangelical church in America can read the Bible and see that the Jew's only historic home is in Israel.
- Most Christians understand that Jesus was a Jew who lived in a Jewish state, albeit one under the colonial rule of the Roman Empire.
- They understand that God chose to reveal Himself to the Jewish people and the nation of Israel.
- They don't see a nation of Palestine mentioned in the Old Testament or New? with good reason: It never existed before or since, except in the imaginations of people like Yasser Arafat.
- They believe God made certain promises to the nation of Israel and that today's Jewish state is a manifestation of those promises.
- They understand that their Holy Scriptures indicate God will bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse it. They don't want to be on the wrong side of that spiritual equation.
- They understand their own salvation, in the person of Jesus, chose to come through the House of David and minister principally to the Jews.
- They grasp that the Jews alone ? with the help of God, of course? have made the deserts bloom in that Holy Land, just as the prophets predicted.
- They comprehend that the Jews alone formed a free society in the Middle East.
- They can see that Israel has been an ally to the United States and a friend to the free world throughout it's 50-year history of rebirth."-Farrah.
Huckabee Speaks In Richmond-Wants to Abolish IRS- Richmond Times
Dream Ticket: Huckabee/Hunter!